• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

R.E. Extreme Duty Trackbar

Uglygreenxj

NAXJA Forum User
I just finished building my new bracket to raise my axle end track bar mounting point up. Now I need to either shorten up my R.E. trackbar, or build a new one. Does anyone know what their trackbar is constructed of? If it's not chromoly, then I'll just shorten it up, but If it is, I'm not equipt to weld chromoly. I'm also tossing around the idea of building a new one thats straight from DOM with rod ends at both ends.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I shortened my Rubicon Express HD track bar over Thanksgiving for my new steering and have yet to have a problem with it. I just MIG'd it and have not had any issues. Hope it wasnt cromo :D

AARON

If I was just using it for crawling, I'd just go for it, but I'll be using it for go fast desert stuff too and I don't even want to think about what'd happen at high speed if it let go! Have you been hard on it since you shortened it?

Weld away,they are not chromoly.

Great, I'll just shorten it up and save building a new one for later.

Thanks!

David Tucker said:
If I was just using it for crawling, I'd just go for it, but I'll be using it for go fast desert stuff too and I don't even want to think about what'd happen at high speed if it let go! Have you been hard on it since you shortened it?

I have been on 2 trips since the bar has been shortened. Both times I was in a group with guys running 42" swampers or larger. Broke a stub shaft first time and inner shaft in my HP44 the second trip trying to follow them. Still waiting on Superior shafts to arrive but the Waggy inners are on back order. Its been on the road for at least 1000miles with no issues and I drive my XJ like its a lifted sports car :D

AARON

MrShoeBoy said:
I have been on 2 trips since the bar has been shortened. Both times I was in a group with guys running 42" swampers or larger. Broke a stub shaft first time and inner shaft in my HP44 the second trip trying to follow them. Still waiting on Superior shafts to arrive but the Waggy inners are on back order. Its been on the road for at least 1000miles with no issues and I drive my XJ like its a lifted sports car :D

AARON

Thanks for the input. I got my axles back from the shop setting up the gears today, and I finished welding out the front truss tonight, so I'll be shortening up that track bar tommorow night.

Dave

Back