• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new 4.0l

winemkr1995

NAXJA Forum User
I have 91 cherokee and just put new 4.0l out of a 96 and i put all my stuff on the engine. it wont run. the only part that i replaced was the flexplate does any one know what a flexplate for a 91 4.0l looks like. does anyone know if there is a diffrence between a 91 and a 96. the flex plate i have has 3 groups of 4 notches is this right? someone please help

you've got to tell us whats going on. Is the starter engaging and turning the engine over? If it is then I don't think the flexplate is a problem. I'm not sure of the injection system, But I think Jeep may have changed up the injection system sometime near 96. turn it over a few times and pull one of the plugs and see if its wet. If it is then you may not be getting spark if its dry it may be not getting fuel or maybe your plug wires may not be in the correct order, there are lots of stuff that can be wrong.

Your a bit vague on what your replaced or didn't. Did you replace the distributor or not? I would look at any electronic part you didn't replace and try and cross reference it through NAPA or a Dealership list. See what spans what year. Also the CSP sensor, did you set it correctly? or not?
Tom

thanks for the replies, i think i have figured it out if not i will got in to full detail, i will know in a coupple of days thanks

Back