• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Infinity Sound

mg614

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know how to "test" for signal in speaker wire? My left front speaker doesn't work (2000 Limited). I pulled the kick panel and the door panel and the wiring is fine. Now I think it's either a blown channel on the factory head unit or the factory amp. I would like to check the input and output on the amp. Any ideas?
Thanks

JUST replaced my front 6.5" speekers and have the same problem. I figured the same thing. Havent searched to find the problem yet.

Seems like the "usual suspect" is the speaker wire at the door jam. Constant bending results in breakage. This is not the case with mine. I wonder if this is a common problem.

i had this same problem in my 97 and in a buddy's 98. the wire is cut inside the rubber hosing goin from the car to the door just pull the rubber hosing back it just pops out and then there is some kind of nylon hosing protectin the wires but it is velcroed together so just unvelcro it and find the colors matching the speaker wire and find the cut. the cut for mine was closer to the door than the car so i would start there. if u cant find the cut then it might be ur amp but it sounds like u have the same problem i did. just re connect the two ends of the wire however u see fit and ur problem should be solved. i dont know what causes the problem but this happened to me 2 1/2 years ago and i tried everything i could think of for about six months tracing all the wires checking the speaker and the amp but then finding no problems with everyting else and there bein no cuts in the wire anywhere else i finally decided to check in that rubber hosing and there it was. i fixed the wire and i havent had a problem since then

Last edited:
Well..it's too easy not to check again so I'll do that tomorrow. I pulled from both sides and nothing came loose so I ASSumed there was no break.

9v transister battery. Touch one wire to each terminal, and the speaker should POP

Or a test light with long probes, or a multi-meter

mine had been "repaired" "professionally" at some point. they did use shrink tube and all, but the wire still corroded and broke. i sealed it with the self-vulcanizing tape and it should be good to go for a long time at least. added some length as well, think the factory wiring was too short/tight.

mg614 said:
Anyone know how to "test" for signal in speaker wire? My left front speaker doesn't work (2000 Limited). I pulled the kick panel and the door panel and the wiring is fine. Now I think it's either a blown channel on the factory head unit or the factory amp. I would like to check the input and output on the amp. Any ideas?
Thanks
Same problem on my '01 Limited. I ran a new wire from car into door. Problem solved. Speaker sounds good again!

Back