• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Posting for home made snorkle ideas...

TortureTested

NAXJA Forum User
YES, i searched but didnt get a whole lot and so im asking you guys to please respond with PICS and WRITE UPS of your homemade snorkles. Im sporting rustys intake with a K&N filter that has a heat/splash shield and a duct vent with weather stripping on one side so it only breeds out of the front. I wanna upgrade it now using the smaller K&N filter, incase it and run some pcv 2" tubes.
First i'd like to get an idea of how some of these setups work and the step by step writeups.???

Since the factory never built XJs with snorkles, this question is OEM Tech exactly how?

Sorry i posted in the wrong forum! Im still new to the board so please go easy on me.
Now i did a search and i said i did but i wanna see if anyone came up with newer ways or if i missed some because i really wasnt biting down on the ones at hand.
Please reply with pics and writeups and not flaming me!!

87manche said:

Well my search didnt pull all of that up so im sorry for being new here and not using the board properly. I WAS told that the people on this board are extremely helpfull and knowledgeable with XJ's but i guess he was wrong.(or maybe its me, i dont know). Listen guys the search i was trying to do was a snorkel system using a K&N OPEN AIR FILTER, NOT THE STOCK BOX which i dont even have anymore.
Thanks NAXJA !

were breaking you in for many many useful ideas and ways you will thank us for helping and try using a broader search....

TortureTested said:
Well my search didnt pull all of that up so im sorry for being new here and not using the board properly. I WAS told that the people on this board are extremely helpfull and knowledgeable with XJ's but i guess he was wrong.(or maybe its me, i dont know). Listen guys the search i was trying to do was a snorkel system using a K&N OPEN AIR FILTER, NOT THE STOCK BOX which i dont even have anymore.
Thanks NAXJA !
I may have busted balls about searching, but i did post links to threads with PAGES of info.
I can lead you to water, but I can't make you drink.

87manche said:
I may have busted balls about searching, but i did post links to threads with PAGES of info.
I can lead you to water, but I can't make you drink.

I thank you and the rest of the board even though i got picked on a bit; i can handle it as long as its in good humor. Well i have my ideas and next time ill do a more extensive re-search!!!

don't mind the search nazis. people do get tired of answering the same questions over and over. the search tool is really good if you learn how to use it. there is a really helpful sticky about searching. use the advanced search option and you can get a lot more results. welcome to naxja.

Littlewhitexj said:
I have been toying with the idea of having an exhaust shop bending my up a piece of tube to use as a snorkle.

i thought about this since it would be a clean bend and a tough material but it would need to be at least 5" section of pipe to make it but if you do do it send me a pic i am doing mine slowly
2252584_18_full.jpg

i found a flexable pipe from a car junk at work today that will withstand underhood temps just gotta figure out the exterior design

i am going to use a pre filter on top and a inline filter from a ford pick up

i may use 3" pvc on the exterior not sure yet

Back