• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trackbar moved to steering stabilizer location

Skullver

Still Flailing
After doing OTK steering I need to move the trackbar up to make it parallel w/draglink. As you can see the steering stabilizer location would make them perfectly parallel at ride height.
DSCN0739.jpg

I know there used to be some great writeups about the different methods but I was just hoping that I could make a custom trackbar/shorten existing, that will mount where stabilizer used to go. Is this a dumb idea, has this been discussed? Can someone point me in the right direction? Sorry if this is a common subject but I could not find anything using the search function. The trackbar I currently have won't work due to the strange bends but a slight z-bend trackbar, shortened would. Am I overlooking something? Thanks in advance for your patience,ideas, criticism etc...

IntrepidXJ said:
you'll need to beef up the stabilizer mount
That, to me, would be easier than making all new bracketry, as my fab tools are limited, does anyone have any pics/more info on this sort of setup? Thanks much.

i was thinking the same thing, but i don't think the SS mount is wide enough for the RE trackbar.

I have a heim joint for the axle side, should be able to fit that and some misalignment spacers in there, after beefing it up slightly, It looks to be about 1/4" smaller in width as the trackbar mount.

Back