• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Krawler long arms

thobson

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to purchase a st of Rock KRawlers long arms I was wodnering if anyone has used these and could give me some feedback?

Wil Badger said:
so in the time you have been here you have made 6 posts all asking the same thing in seperate section of the forum.

atleast you finially got this one in the right spot

this was just for you little Billy.try watching it them you might learn how this all works.

wow that should be required veiwing for any noob especially those who request a pic of 3 inches and 31's :D

here we go..:doh:

well atleast somebody deleted the other 3 but now he is going to come back be all confused then make them again because he can't find them.

thobson said:
I am looking to purchase a st of Rock KRawlers long arms I was wodnering if anyone has used these and could give me some feedback?

RK kits seem to be decent... the arms are made of a solid fawkin tube! crazy amounts of flex, you're gonna need limiting straps. the only disadvantage to this kit would be LA mounts are kinda wimpy and i've heard the joints wear out quickly on a DD. otherwise put that kit on for $475 or less, hahah ebay has em for a GOOD deal, and add a DPG t skid.

ha thanks for the advice everyone... and a little first day hazzing as well I guess gotta love everyone who spends all there time being a dick on the forms

Actually the LA mounts are pretty thick. I just had them installed recently. I was getting some clunking noise from bumps, but I found out that I set the swivel eye ends too loose for the grease. So I tightened it down and its perfect. I am very impressed with them!

As for limiting straps, YES I need it. I am doing measurement tomorrow to see how long limiting straps I need to keep springs from hanging off from the frame too much in so much droop. Makes really nice articulation when flexing.

thobson said:
ha thanks for the advice everyone... and a little first day hazzing as well I guess gotta love everyone who spends all there time being a dick on the forms

I agree sometimes people on here are dicks BUT there have been about 4 or 5 RK LA threads in the past month... so yeah.... try searching first.... Don't take it personal... just search first... then ask

thanks for the feedback and I found all those other forms on the long arms and got some good feedback. Hope this stuff is good cause i'm planning on going with it.

No offense, but the joints give out fairly soon(6 to 8 months) and some of the parts are not very strong...AT ALL. sorry, I have a buddy who was thrown into a cement barrier on the interstate, and the reason was because of a, and I quote from the accident report "faulty suspension".

Go either RE or Clayton long arms.

And im sure it was from the old RK stuff.

mundur5 said:
No offense, but the joints give out fairly soon(6 to 8 months) and some of the parts are not very strong...AT ALL. sorry, I have a buddy who was thrown into a cement barrier on the interstate, and the reason was because of a, and I quote from the accident report "faulty suspension".

What was faulty on the suspension? I agree with the Clayton long arms, but never RE... too complex for radius arms.

mundur5 said:

I'm a little skeptical to believe this one. First i would have to say it was a gen I kit and the new owners have designed a new kit which is no where close to that old kit.

Secondly if his joint went bad I will have to ask what kind of maintence he did to his joints. Did he even grease them in the first place, did he grease them periodically whats the story. Also The chances of those rk joints just giving out are HIGHLY unlike and the joint busting causing an accident is HIGHLY unlikely. I had taken my joints apart to pack them with grease and when i put them back together i forgot to put threadlock on one of the retainer plates. The retainer plates ended up coming loose and the joint pretty much came all the way apart.

my truck still drove FINE all you heard was a faint clunking, im like where did that come from, closer inspection and i found the cause. So your buddy getting thrown into the wall because of the joint, im not going to believe this one.

Now back to the topic. You can not go wrong with the rock krawler setup. Their arms are extremely beefy and their components are backed by a beat the living poop out of them warranty. The guys over at rock krawler are extremely nice guys, I deal with them on a daily basis. If you need any information please don't hesitate to either pm me or email me at [email protected]

Matt

mundur5 said:

first of all even comparing Claytons competition quality arms to RE's pile of shit long arms is rediculous.....

RK rates inbetween, theyre newer stuff is a little bit under TNT's

I prefer a 3 link over radius arms, thats personal prefereance though

tealcherokee said:
first of all even comparing Claytons competition quality arms to RE's pile of shit long arms is rediculous.....

RK rates inbetween, theyre newer stuff is a little bit under TNT's

I prefer a 3 link over radius arms, thats personal prefereance though

X2. I love the Clayton kit. Never once heard of anyone having a single issue with it.

Back