• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Traction bar parts?

Incredible Hulk

NAXJA Forum User
I need to build a traction bar to help cover these new big meats. Where can I buy one good jonny joint, or RE style joint that would do well on the end of it? Should I get one of curries? I also need two bushings and the round stock to put them in. Where can I get those? Can I use a stock cherokee shackle on teh frame end? Or should I get something else?
Do you think the back of my TNT skid is a strong enough mounting point?
DSC01978a.jpg

Also, is it best to run a superflex joint both at the frame end, as well as mounted to the skid? So basically TWO superflex joints on the frame end in both sides of hte shackle? Or is just one on the actual bar itself enough?

Last edited:
I have found one joint just isn't enough. Several of the guys I used to wheel with were using the MORE traction bar on their TJ leaf spring conversions, and the binding from just having one joint actually tore the tube open on the 8.8 on one. It's easy enough to put both joints in while you are building. Here are some pictures of a traction bar I made for a customer who needed one for his TJ leaf spring conversion.

100_1269.jpg

100_1277.jpg

100_1279.jpg

100_1283.jpg

100_1286.jpg

100_1289.jpg

Incredible Hulk, Did you ever end up doing this? I am thinking about mounting my traction bar to my TNT skid also.

Back