• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rhinolined bottom third

stone-man

NAXJA Forum User
I want to re-paint my 95 xj sport but I want the bottom third covered in rhino liner. I was wandering if I could make some sort of design in the rhino liner. Like saw blade or sharks teeth. Should I just tape it, let it dry and try to pull the tape off. Or ist the rhinoliner too hardened by that time? I need some Ideas.

i am sure u could make any design u wanted with it but i definetaly wouldn't let it dry with the tape under it because u won't be able to peel it off, peel it right away and let dry.

There is a tape with an embedded steel wire along the edge that is perfect for what you want to do. It will leave a sharp edge after the covering dries.

HTH

Rev

I'd use mortons bedliner so you can spray it with a paint gun. I did my whole jeep in mortons bedliner and it looks great. My sister did her toyota in it and it looks great as well.

Rev Den said:
There is a tape with an embedded steel wire along the edge that is perfect for what you want to do. It will leave a sharp edge after the covering dries.

HTH

Rev

This would be the only way to do it properly with Rhino Lining. I sprayed Rhino Lining for a year. The actual Rhino Lining is set up to the touch in 30 seconds after it is applied. Completely hard in under 5 minutes. Oh and Rhino Lining shouldn't be used as a general term in my opinion.

Here is a picture of my jeep with the mortons bedliner paint job.
jeep.jpg

Here is a picture of my sisters toyota with the mortons bedliner paint job.
yota.jpg

Back