• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track Bar?

Starboard M

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
So today I tried to put on my track bar, but it wasnt long enough. So Im asking to figure out what to do.
I have Tnt long arms, with RE4.5'' ZJ coils with 1'' spacers, so about 6.5'' of lift. I bought the RE 1660 HD track bar, and the RE1670 brace that was needed to go with this track bar. But when I tried to put the track bar on, it wasnt long enough. I adjusted it so that the axle is centered, but there is only a turn of thread left on the track bar when it is centered. What gives?

Another question, how much thread is needed in the track bar to be safe? People that I have talked to seem to think that 1'' is needed, but do you need that much? Is 1/2'' enough to keep the track bar stong enough?

i read it sould be at least the OD" of the tube

I basically had the same issue. I had to redrill the axle end mount a little farther over(1" or so) to gain a little more thread engagement. I never had any problem with 1" of threads engaged. also found this for you, Search function is your friend, post #40 Good luck-http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55507&page=3&highlight=R.E.+trac+bar+too+shortc

Awsome xjoe! I couldnt find that when I searched. I will call tomorrow and see what RE has to say about this part.
Quoted here to help anyone else in their searches.
jshwank said:
GOOD NEWS!!! I finally got around to stopping by RE and asked them about an extension for the 1660 trackbar. Apparently, they knew exactly what I was talking about and said they had one in stock, so I got it. It is labeled as 1" longer and is a whole new housing & coupler (minus the joint - reuse your old one). I also had to purchase a joint tool that they sale to be able to swap my old joint over. Anyways, I was just happy as I really wasn't wanting to have to fab one up unless I really had to. Again, I don't know if this extra inch will help all of you out, but in my case it will.

The price was pretty reasonable, under $20 for the part and another for the tool. I'm sure it probably would have cost about $100 to have one fabbed up, unless you can weld your own.

For anyone interested, the part# on the invoice is RM30210 and it is labeled as SM S/F Housing&Coupler 1" Over.

Hopefully, this will help some of you guys out that were interested in this issue.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Back