• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fender trimming

bgwyllys61

NAXJA Forum User
so i was just wondering how far you can cut the rear fenders.....i noticed that it appears to be like a 2 piece body in the rear....is that just inner fender well that can be cut out?

bgwyllys61 said:
so i was just wondering how far you can cut the rear fenders.....i noticed that it appears to be like a 2 piece body in the rear....is that just inner fender well that can be cut out?
No, if you look you will be able to find some pinch seems, do not cut into that area.

http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/fender_trimming.htm

there's my tech article. No need to cut past the pinch welds for anything less than 35's, especially if you are bumpstopped correctly (I have an article on that too). I'm running 35's under 5" without rubbing, and I didn't trim past the pinch welds. The cut and beat/fold method is going overboard and looks like crap.

ok, thanks for the input...i figured i had gone as far as i could go, but just wanted to check.....im running 34x10.5s with 2 inch add a leaf and 1.5 inch shackles in the rear, and im using f150 coils in the front with some spacers....ive got a hp 44 and a 9 inch.....just to explain the use of the f150 coils....

there's my tech article. No need to cut past the pinch welds for anything less than 35's, especially if you are bumpstopped correctly (I have an article on that too). I'm running 35's under 5" without rubbing, and I didn't trim past the pinch welds. The cut and beat/fold method is going overboard and looks like crap.

Can you post your lift spec?? or PM me?

GottaBeJeep said:
http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/fender_trimming.htm

Yes and no. You can cut and fold and make it looks clean. I was originally going to trim just under the pinch welds, except they are about 1/2-3/4" height difference from passenger to driver side on mine. I thought that would look bad, so I just cut and folded then taped, sanded, primered, and blacked it out.

Back