• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

service manual info from Jeep

lmnop

NAXJA Forum User
From the "get what you pay for" dept: (I'm hoping)

Went here and dropped some cash:

https://techauthority.gltghosting.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CustomerHome?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10051

I got a great service manual on CD for my 1991 Mercedes a long time ago.
Proved to be an xlnt investment for the long run.
Hopefully the site above is close to or the same type of thing for my 2000 XJ LTD.

Should be getting it in a couple days, maybe ask about it this weekend or maybe someone who already has it can chime in.

relax-stay focused .....................lmnop

I saw that site. Let us know if its worth it or not. I've read here that Chilton and Haynes make great workbench levelers!

Im not looking to spend cash on something that covers a little bit of info on 20 models.

Hoping I wont have to spend 130+ on a full set of factory books either but! Been watching ebay but no luck yet.

Thanks,
Ken

Yea, E-bay has been rather dry lately, for both XJ and my '02 Grand Caravan (RS Platform).

It just burns me, Chrysler is probably better than the other Manufacturers, but you have to pay $100-$130 for the service manuals?

You'd think they would realize they'd do better business if there cars were easier & cheaper to repair and they got fixed right the first time. I think there pricing structure is designed to help maintain a competitive advantage for their dealerships in service.

That's the site for purchasing the Factory Service Manuals, *THE* manual to have. If you buy the paper version, it'll be a stack of paper 3-4 inches thick.

You want to be careful of the fleaBay manuals on CD. Those are practically certain to be pirated versions.

No I agree, the FSM is superior to any other manual and they are very valuable.

My complaint is that Chrysler should sell them for $50 not $100.

The eBay manuals on CD, I don't know, the impression I get from the page for those manuals is that they are rip-offs with just a collection of General Car Care/maintenance information that they are implying is a manual specific for your car. It may have a one page section with something specific for your car and thats it.

I doubt they would get away with a pirated version of the manual, I'd think after months of selling the CD, you'd think they'd have been caught and banned by now.

I've bought both a FSM for the '95 YJ I had, and the '99 XJ I have now. Both were between $50-$70 on Ebay, used, had little oil stains but still very useable. It was the best money I've ever spent on either vehicle. Get the book, you can take it out to the garage or the trail, no computer needed.

x2 on the paperback book. Got both and the book is always right there.

Rec'd the manual on CD for my 2000 XJ yesterday from Chry-Daimler tech page.
Am not dissapointed.
Not as easy to navigate as other manuals I've had on CD.
But not as finicky either as to which version of software you are using to run it.
Great info.

I remember buying the version I have for my W126 Mercedes, then a couple years later I found a person's site where I could access the same CD I had bought for $125. I'm not into copyright infringement but it seems possible to have this info accessible to others. Oh my, did I say that out loud?
I'm sure I could find some loser-lover that would help me spend that $90 over dinner some time.

lmnop

Back