• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what kind of lockers shouls I get?

smokeeaterXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys!
I was wonderin which lockers are the best for a daily driver/offroader. I was looking at the ARB AIR LOCKER. But a friend has told me to save some money by putting that one in the front and put a regular DETROIT in the back. I wanna know if haveing the back locked up will affect my daily driving, and if it will make alot of noise which is what people keep tellin me. Or is it the other way around.... should I put an ARB in the back and regular in the front? I dont quite know how it works, but I no when turning one tire spins more than the other because theyre indepently spinning,

I've got a Aussie Lock in the rear Dana 44, first week was hard to get use to the clicking noise, after the first trail run I don't mind it. The difference is tremendous.

i have a full detroit in the rear, can't even tell its there on the street.

What rear axle? Tyres/lift? Wheeling type/style? Locking a D35 on 33's may not be a good idea if you use lots of loud on rock...

If you can, spring for the ARB's. If not, your friends advice is good.

Andre

no slip rear lock right front. done.

definetly a selectible in the front like the arb or better yet the OX-locker... full detroit in the rear is a good choice. It all depends on what you have planned for the rig and how often you use it off road...

Back