• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tnt or re

phurealdeaux

NAXJA Forum User
tnt customs or rubicon express adj ca's? they look similar and apparantly use the same joints. tnt's are a bit cheaper but, are shipped "bare metal". does anyone have any experience with the tnt adj. ca's? or should i go with the tried and true re adj ca's

No reportable problems with my RE uppers...

i have TnT now, i had RE's...liked them both.

Also realize another difference is that RE's are .120" wall and T&T's are .250".

Maybe if you really want to compare apples to apples you could call up T&T Customs -- (307)775-9565 and see how much they'll (we'll ;)) build the thinner wall version. We have an RE comparable set of control arms that we've not yet released called the "Street Series" which may work perfectly for those that don't abuse like mad on the trail. Same adjustment assemblies but thinner wall tubing.

May be worth a call.

scorpion said:
...called the "Street Series"...

Nice, I like that name. :roflmao:

They wall thickness difference could be attributed to a difference in materials and not necessarily strength. i.e. 4130 Cr-MO tube is about 40% stronger than 1020 DOM tube.

I seem to recall RE using a Cr-Mo of some sort on their arms but I could be mistaken.

Bender said:
They wall thickness difference could be attributed to a difference in materials and not necessarily strength. i.e. 4130 Cr-MO tube is about 40% stronger than 1020 DOM tube.

I seem to recall RE using a Cr-Mo of some sort on their arms but I could be mistaken.

I don't have any concrete proof but I'm fairly confident that they're not using anything more than DOM. Cromo would be far better but it's unlikely that they're using it. I know the lowers in their Radius Arms are not Chromo.

Matt

scorpion said:
I don't have any concrete proof but I'm fairly confident that they're not using anything more than DOM. Cromo would be far better but it's unlikely that they're using it. I know the lowers in their Radius Arms are not Chromo.

Matt

Not sure about the regular arms, but in the most recent RE catalog I have, they clearly state that the "Extreme-Duty" lower control arms (parts RE4000 and RE4010) are 2"x1/4" wall 4130 chromoly...

Travis

Back