• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

245/75R16 on stock 01 XJ?

cshontz

NAXJA Forum User
Don't worry - I'm installing a suspension. I'm just in a much better position to install the tires on Thursday, before the suspension is installed on Saturday. I'd need to drive a couple hundred miles like this too.

Honestly, its against my better judgement. It looks like they'd be too snug, but I can't quite tell. I thought I'd ask here just in case. What do ya think? :)

97920710_815df5b458.jpg

as much as it starts to come out the fill plug/hole.

The rear is more closed than the front. I ran 255/70/16' for quite some time on my 2000. You couldn't go wheeling with it, but it looked good. My rear fenders would rub on top going over bumps. My leafs were sagged just a bit. Your tire size is only .5" bigger. So you can do it no problem, unless your leafs are shot, or you have to carry a bunch of weight on your drives. All you will do is rub the bottom of your flares. I never had any problems up front. Hope that helps.

Back