• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackle question.

Vertisce

NAXJA Forum User
I want to do a cheap lift to the XJ just to get it a bit higher. If I use these shackles http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=467 and have them bending towards the front and not the back...would I be able to make them work at all? Would it maybe cause a bit more lift or maybe cause the leafs to bow more and be less flat? I want to use them with the 1.75 poly spacers on the front but I cant seem to find a decent set of the 1.5 shackles that aren't boomerang.

(Edit)..never mind.....

Rocky Road has 1.5 Shackles. Beefy and about 80 bucks.

Ok...the boomerang ones I was looking at say that they will work but ive heard otherwise from people that purchased them. Ill check Rocky Road right now...thanks.

I'f you're planning on getting poly spacers anyway, why not just get it all in one kit? Check out TeraFlex's BB Kit (part #BB1X).

Teraflex has a good 1.5" shackle. You can pick them up right off of 53rd in SLC. Price everyone out. RRO is in Heber so you could pick those up if you wanted. I bet you could get some in Ogden also.

Whatever you do, get a greasable shackle. It's worth it.

Vertisce said:
Whats the diff with greasable shackles?

Ummm...They're greasable.
They will probably squeak like crazy if they aren't. That has been my experience. I can't remember if I had rubber bushings. You might be able to a grease zerks to a non greasable shackle though.

Ive got the Teraflex shacks that came with my kit, and I swear they came off a Duce and a half military truck! I think from the pictures of the others posted, there more heavy duty! I love them and have had ZERO problems with them so far. And, there greasable.

After reading back on it I wasnt too clear on the original question. I was told that the boomerang shackles were for longer leafs, but I was also told that you could use them with regular stock leafs and get just a bit more hight out of them by just flipping them around with the bend facing towards the front of the vehicle instead of the back. Anybody know if this is true?

It won't matter which way they face. The distance between the bolt holes is what determines lift. The way they face will definitely change how much they will travel though. They may hit the front of the shackle box though.

Great...now I have a dillemma...lol. Maybe I should get that Teraflex kit. Anybody have any recommendations for sites to buy jeep stuff from? I usually try to use Quadratec or Jeepinoutfitters.com

Back