• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick ARB locker question

javik

NAXJA Forum User
ok, so i found a good deal on an arb for a dana 30, what is the quickest way for me to make sure it will fit? Its out of a 2000 tj that had 3.73s and i have a 99xj with 3.55s? will it work in my carrier? i figure i will have to change gears, but needed to do that anyway. I know that my dana 30 is an hp and 2000 and up everything is a lp, will that matter? thx in advance

Don't quote me on this but I think it will work. The ARB itself is the carrier and I don't think it matters if its LP or HP just the gears have to specific for HP or LP.
It should work with the right gears.

javik said:
ok, so i found a good deal on an arb for a dana 30, what is the quickest way for me to make sure it will fit? Its out of a 2000 tj that had 3.73s and i have a 99xj with 3.55s? will it work in my carrier? i figure i will have to change gears, but needed to do that anyway. I know that my dana 30 is an hp and 2000 and up everything is a lp, will that matter? thx in advance

What gears do you intend to run? Are you going to stay with 3.55's or gear to something matching your tire size?

If I read it right... yes
you allready understand the carrier breaks. LP D30 is the same as HP D30. its just the gearset thats different.

There are two different carriers for the xj DANA 30. I think the braek over is for 373 to 488 or lower and one carrier for 355 to 307 or higher. I'd check with ARB 4X4 Accessories in WA.
425-264-1391.

javik said:
what is the quickest way for me to make sure it will fit?

pick up the phone call arb USA ask the question get the answer

or ya can ask on the internet get a million people with conflicting info to answer your question:kissyou:

as was stated above the High pinion/ low pinion dosn't matter the only concern is that it is on the correct side of the carier break.

It wont work with your stock 3.55 gears, but if you were to change out your gears to 3.73 or numerically higher ratio, it would work.

i always get this confused, but 4.10 is numerically higher than 3.73? right? so if the arb is the one that accepts 3.73 thats the one i want to get if i want to go eventually to 4.10s. thanx for you help gys

javik said:
i always get this confused, but 4.10 is numerically higher than 3.73? right? so if the arb is the one that accepts 3.73 thats the one i want to get if i want to go eventually to 4.10s. thanx for you help gys

Yes, if you want to get 4.10's in the future, then this is the ARB you want.

Everything you wanted to know about the D30 HERE

-jm

Back