• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

junkyard bracket

TheBlueSub

NAXJA Forum User
towhookbrackets.gif
[/QUOTE]

i found some brackets on a junk xj i just need to know exacally what to take and what to leave.....kinda still new to this thanks

if someone can point out the numbers i need..
there arent tow hooks just the brackets..
thanks

To do it right, you want everything on that page.

You could do without #5 and fab your own #28, but if it's all there, get it.

Speaking from experience, having the extra support will prevent you from bending the front end as bad on side pulls. I was missing some of that and tweaked the front frame on my rig and when I built my bumpers I had to spend a lot of time working around the mismatched shape from left to right.

Last edited:
but does't this show the bumper brackets? why would i need more bumper brackets unless these are reinforced or diffrent

THANKS

The bumper brackets are integral. You'll replace yours with these as they are welded on. The bumper ends up in the same position.

Mothertrucker said:
ok so only 31 and 5? or 28 too?? and i can use my stock bumper brackets

no you deffinatly need 28. Try and get everything in that diagram minus the actual hooks, as you can get those anywhere. When you get everything get a few pictures and we can make sure you have everything. Thats probobly easier.

Here's what I got out of my 'yard, everything but #28 & 31. But, the XJ I got them from had another piece attached to them that runs across the front header panel and attaches at both ends by the hook bolts. It's a large, heavy piece of channel with boxed ends (not sure what it was for but took it anyway...don't have a pic of it tho)

(These are +'97 brackets....'96+older are similar but the bumper brackets are slightly different)
Jeff
towhook3.jpg

Back