• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Im confused??

J98cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Well Im still working on getting my gears but I was thinking about it the other day and I got myself all confused. With 4.56 wouldnt you need less throttle to get up to higher speeds?? Then why do your RPM's go up when you regear it, it would seem like that if your RPM's go up then you would have to be pressing the peddle harder but your supposed to be getting more power and probly a lower topspeed.

J98cherokee said:
Well Im still working on getting my gears but I was thinking about it the other day and I got myself all confused. With 4.56 wouldnt you need less throttle to get up to higher speeds?? Then why do your RPM's go up when you regear it, it would seem like that if your RPM's go up then you would have to be pressing the peddle harder but your supposed to be getting more power and probly a lower topspeed.

Think about it like this. With lower gears, it takes less throttle to get up to the SAME rpm's as it would with higher gears, so you work the engine less and therefor use less gas. True, you will run higher rpms, but push the peddle less to get there. ;)

Back