• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

currie or bulletproof

adamtreich

NAXJA Forum User
gots nice xj w/ 4.5 lift in front
steering tired
want to upgrade
would you recommend a currie sys w/ stock y
or bulletproof sys (any clearance concerns) w/ a knuckle to knuckle tierod

Last edited:
I would reccomend to do a search, before you get flamed or something, there are a lot of setups out there that are good. Just look around and see whats is best for you.

I like this setup, but have never used it. I suggest going with TRE's instead of Hiem joints.

otk01.jpg

Last edited:
i think i've done tooo much research, that's why i'm finally here
i found that there are some definite advantages to maintaning the stock geometry, especially if you are not having any issues with the current setup
my problem is that my stock parts are getting extremely worn and are popping
i want to make the system better if i am having to address those concerns
i would like to know mainly if anyone has run into any problems with puttin these setups on a 96 xj w/ 4.5 lift, and if anyone has had problems with currie systems

XJjeepLess said:
I would reccomend to do a search, before you get flamed or something, there are a lot of setups out there that are good. Just look around and see whats is best for you.

I like this setup, but have never used it. I suggest going with TRE's instead of Hiem joints.

otk01.jpg

I have that set up and love it no problems works good

the drag link to pitman is diffrent than just the one you have
its all hiem joints

there is a lot of set ups out there.
I bought my kit cause every thing came with it

rock krawler has a nice setup there xfactor steering upgrade

http://rockkrawler.com

adamtreich said:
what all do u have to weld

cut off the trac bar bracket on th axle and move it using rutys
it goes on top of the axle and new sway bar mounts trimm the coil pads and your set
every thing is higher of the ground away from rocks

dont have that special friend w/ weldin skills :-(
so to have this done at a reputable shop would cost a ton as compared to the currie sys that is totally bolt on huh
i guess the major point of this thread was to see if there was anyone who ran into problems with the currie sys at 4.5 in lift

Back