• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track bar ??

jeepinarkansas

NAXJA Forum User
Why does an adjustable trackbar need a drop bracket? I am running about 4" of lift on my 97 XJ, and was wondering why the drop is needed. Thanks for any input.
Jake

at 4" you probably don't need a drop bracket.

My basic understanding of it:

In general, you want your track bar to stay as close to parallel with your axle as possible. The taller you lift a rig, the farther the track bar will get out of parallel. This affects the droop of your axle, one effect being that it causes your axle to try to pull towards the driver's side. By dropping the body mounted end of the track bar you get the track bar closer to parallel with the axle.

Actually you want it to stay parallel with the draglink. If you use an adjustable Trackbar in the stock location, you shouldn't change the pitman arm. If you do, that will change the draglinks angles. If you are over 4", you may need to drop the pitman 1" to regain some droop on the passenger side.

Back