• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.10 of 4.56?

NCCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
searched...its useless when you have a specific question about something...

I need to regear, probably this summer, going ahead and starting to research it a bit. I have 31s right now, which i think would probably be good with 4.10s. However, i plan on going to 32s, maybe 33s. Its a 1999 with the 8.25" rear end, so 4.56 is the deepest i can go anyways. RE 3.5" singleflex with trimming. I would rather it be better on the HWY than have a great crawl ratio, because i drive the interstate a LOT more than i wheel (would rather it be the other way around).

Im thinking go with 4.56 for whenever i go up to 33s. What do yall think?

4.56.... wish I did.

NCCherokee said:
searched...its useless when you have a specific question about something...

I need to regear, probably this summer, going ahead and starting to research it a bit. I have 31s right now, which i think would probably be good with 4.10s. However, i plan on going to 32s, maybe 33s. Its a 1999 with the 8.25" rear end, so 4.56 is the deepest i can go anyways. RE 3.5" singleflex with trimming. I would rather it be better on the HWY than have a great crawl ratio, because i drive the interstate a LOT more than i wheel (would rather it be the other way around).

Im thinking go with 4.56 for whenever i go up to 33s. What do yall think?
What tranny do you have, and what ratio do you have right now? If highway comfort is your desire and you have a standard, 4.10's will probably do you, but if you have an auto, 4.56's will be better. Keep in mind lots of people will think 4.10's is too high with 33's offroad, and it probably is, but it will ride relatively nicely on the road with a manual. Its a pretty general consensus that XJ's came geared to high from the factory and that lower than calculated gears will benefit you...

Back