• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Skyjacker Lower Control Arms

Flyfisher

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody else had a problem with lower control arm "clunk" using Skyjacker 3" lift? I have axle movement...results with a clunk on bumpy roads....know it's lower control arms...like the bolts aren't large enough or something...

(*crouches in corner*)

You sure its not the track bar? I have that lift, and all my clunks came from the track bar. My only beef with the LCAs is how easily my stock wheels rubbed the paint of 'em.

Ive heard and seen only bad shit about skyjacker... and it continues :D

Sounds like your bushing. That would be the first place to look.

OK.....bushings. Now, how does one go about finding the right ones? The Skyjacker LCA's are greasable....and when they're full of grease, noise decreases. So, seems like some slop there. I'm not sure about the track bar...it seems tight, and noise seems to come with forward/backward motion (since I can make it clunk in reverse if I hit the brakes). Are there larger bushings, fillers, etc? to take up the slack? Or should I be looking for replacement Skyjacker bushings. The lift is only about 2 years old...and noise has been there for at least a year.

I do appreciate the advice...now, has anybody else had the same problem and cured it?

As always...thanks in advance.

Oh...and regards the rubbing of paint on LCA's...cured that by limiting wheel turn by placing a washer in the stopper-bolt...whatever it is called. Needed to limit the turning angle...cured that problem right away.

I think I owe you an apology. My skyjacker LCA recently strated making noise as well. Same deal. I guess you really do get what you pay for.

Back