• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket sunroof?

I dunno - I'm trying to get rid of one, because it leaks so damn much.

There were two basic rooflines used on the XJ - the one meant for the sunroof has the ribs stop about 1/2-2/3 of the way foward from the rear, and the one that wasn't has the ribs that go all the way forward. Having those ribs will make it difficult to get a good seal around the sunroof - be advised (that's the problem I'm having.)

On that note - anyone got about half of a roof panel for an XJ they've cut off? Prefereably straight - not rolled?

5-90

It's not a problem Jon.

http://www.sunroofdoctor.com/

They have onen for the ribs. I have one and report no leaks, the only time I get water from it is with a high pressure jet from the side (think pressure washing).

poison_thursday_045.jpg

Hmm. Still, I've also got cracks in the metal around the thing - so I'd need to patch anyhow. Besides, sunroofs in trucks don't make a whole lot of sense to me - if I wanted to be able to open the top, I'd get a convertible (not out of the question - just undecided...)

So, I'm more interested in the repair panel than I am in replacing the sunroof - the one I've got is only worthy of the scrap heap.

5-90

Back