• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bumper mount pics

hippymill

NAXJA Forum User
need some pics of how some of you have aftermarket/home-fab bumpers mounted. I am in the process of designing a set of bumpers, and am wondering how some of you have them mounted. thanks

Personally, I like mine bolted on with bolts, but I cant speak for everyone.

Seriously though. I have mine with 7 bolts on the drivers side, and 4 on the pass. side. It is very similar to the Loose Nuts bumper. Most aftermarket bumpers have this set up. Look at all the makers websites and youll see how they do it. They copy it and add your own flair.

All 10 receiver bolts and all 8 bumper bolts!
rear%20bump2.jpg

With using the channel as a mounting point, as I plan to do, what did you do with the shackle mount?
I was thinking about boxing it out and just lowering the mount, I'm not interested in the lift aspect just the stength of the bumper.
Rick R :sunshine:

RIGID has the strongest mounting system. Check out how they did theirs, especially how they integrate the hitch receiver into the mounting system front and rear, pulling directly on the mounting system and not just the bumper.

sweet. starting to get some ideas. keep it coming. I like the idea of using channel iron, but won't it hang down below the bumper?

that is sweet looking...i like the flush clean look. good job! (oh yeah the shackles are creative with the reccessed look)

Back