• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nah!

Eagle

Lifetime NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I was looking at the pic of some rig with hydro steer on CentrevilleMX's thread about portal axles, and I got this gonzo urge to design a joystick controlled XJ.

The hydro steer is nothing but a pair of horizontally opposed hydraulic pistons. Same deal as a snow plow or a log splitter. Dump the steering wheel and just use a joy stick. You could even mount it in the center, on the tranny tunnel, and make it easy for a co-driver to steer when appropriate (if you trust your co-driver :D )

Oh, well. It's late.

Tu es loco...:D

Then add another one for the other hand for the rear axle steering. And if you go to that trouble, why not make it a totally stick controled buggy and eliminat the gas pedal and break pedal.

Now that I think about it, they do make these mods for people in wheel chairs that drive, and they are not even hydro steer.

Wow, maybe it is not as dumb as it sounded!!

Michael

Hey why not get a RC car controler and some heavy duty servos. Then who needs a spotter....I like it..

Tim

Back