• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ update

Wolfe

NAXJA Forum User
You may remember I fitted 35" maxxis to my xj with 4" lift by cutting and bump stops.
Well heres an update Im ripping it all out and installing tnt longarm kit (1st in Austalia) with a rustys 6.5" kit
So far all the fronts out and tnt skid installed. Finally cut off the upper control arm brackets what a pain in the arse that was!!!!!

worthless.gif

Hmmm....ok....well?

DSC03184.JPG
Hey thanks scoobyxj !
This is of control arm in peices
DSC03188.JPG

Slice that sucka !!!!!!!!!
DSC03215.JPG

prepped and painted.......aint she purty!!!!!!!!!!!
DSC03232.JPG

midnight bolt her up!

Last edited:
bigwhitey said:
Really wish I'd of used this instead of FullTraction.

Really? Why?

They both have thier perks.

TnT - high clearance and skid

FT - True 4 link and better joints (if you have the new stuff)

just to name a few for both.

Just looked full traction site there kit looks good.
T&T belly plate has transfer case skid plate built in.
long arm joints tuck up real high good clearance!

ROBERTK said:
FT - True 4 link and better joints (if you have the new stuff)

What is your reasoning behind this statement? TnT uses RE joints which seem to be working fine on my rig.

bigwhitey said:
Really wish I'd of used this instead of FullTraction.

Is that because Full Traction is nothing more than Cal-Mini... They suck at customer service I know...

I also like the TNT kit, it looks like its not too bad to install either.. Good Job Wolfe...

jrsxj98 said:
What is your reasoning behind this statement? TnT uses RE joints which seem to be working fine on my rig.

Well I guess you would have to see them in person. Them and the Fabtech are huge now. Not that bigger is always better, buit just your girl and she will tell ya

ROBERTK said:
Well I guess you would have to see them in person. Them and the Fabtech are huge now. Not that bigger is always better, buit just your girl and she will tell ya

:rolleyes:

Wolfe said:
Nah your mother!

Daym is that some hostility there? Geesh :us:

The joints are strong, it rides good, and it will fully open and close the 6.5" Krawler coils.

I would prefer the TnT to decrease turn radius and have a belly skid, anyone not building their own skid or sliders is screwed trying to match anything up with these mounts.

Also a frame lift is scary trying to get the front fingers between my lower arms and the frame.

Back