• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering setup for d44

That's an open ended question. Stand by for alot of different opinions.
I went with high steer, inverted T, and ram assist.
steeringa.jpg

Last edited:
Chevy Flat top knuckles, high steer arms, and Chevy 1 ton TRE's, NOT Heims!!

Here's mine, sort of. It changed a little since this picture. I put the tierod over the knuckle to reduce the draglink angle.

100_0721.jpg

The steering is a little interesting at freeway speeds. I've checked my alignment (caster and toe-in), but so far hasn't helped to get rid of the dead spot in the steering. It wanders quite a bit unless the road is smooth. Maybe it's the tires? But I have new hi-steer arms sitting on my bench and I'm waiting for my flat top knuckles to show up. That should help a lot with the draglink angle. I'm also going to use 1 ton TRE's on the tierod instead of the heims.

in that pic your tracbar and draglink match perfect.when you moved the draglink up it might have been enough to create some issues.how long are the high steer arms?i know when i shortened mine it got a lot more steering out of it as far as turning radius

Wil Badger said:
in that pic your tracbar and draglink match perfect.when you moved the draglink up it might have been enough to create some issues.how long are the high steer arms?i know when i shortened mine it got a lot more steering out of it as far as turning radius

I made a new trackbar bracket to match the draglink angle when I moved it up. And yes, the new arms are a little shorter than the cast arms on the knuckle.

Back