• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

30 x 9.50 tires on a stock 2001 XJ?

Mon Solo

NAXJA Forum User
OK, an XJ newbie here. Got a stock 2001 XJ and I want to put 30 x 9.50 Goodyear Wrangler tires on it... will they fit? And also look good? Of course, I have 8'' wide Jeep Wrangler wheels to go with them.

Dont see why not.
fit my 99 just fine with no rubbing anywhere.
(before the BB & 31's)
IMG25.jpg

i had rubbing on the factory plastic bumper corners for the back bumpers. a small rear lift took care of that. i think it was because of my super saggy rear springs.
i rub on the front fenderwell inner liner thingies, but not on the LCAs. i think my front end only has rub marks on it because i've disconnected the sway bar with 30s on it without a lift.
they're 30x9.50 goodyear MT/Rs.
30x950mtrs1xn.jpg

flexinview52dh.jpg

30s tuck quite nicely in my opinion.

ny_busboy, do those tires rub at all? Have you had any clearance problems? The only reason I'm stepping up in tire size is my new wheels (2000 Jeep Wrangler alloys) are 8'' wide and that seems to be the smallest size tire that fits that width without going up to full mudders. This is an everyday ride for me so I want an all-around use tire... not a mudder. My suspension is good so I think I'll give the 30'' Goodyears a try.

the tires rubbed at the rear end cap of the bumpers ONLY when fully loaded. i have seen some 2001 with 15x8 ravine wheels and they claim only minimal rubbing or no rubbing at all. i will send you pics tonight.

Mine are 15x8 Canyon wheels which, from what I've read, offset the tires out from the body of the vehicle more than the stock 15x7 steel wheels that came on my XJ from the factory. This should help against rubbing, I'm thinking.

my '98 back in tha day with 30x9.5 Kuhmo Powerguards. Fit nice, ran nice.
7cbb5388.jpg

Back