• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 Quick Questions

xtrememtbiker85

NAXJA Forum User
1. I am getting a set of rubicon moab wheels and I want to run apprx a 33x10.50 to 33x 12.50. Correct me if I am wrong but will a 295/75/16 be right around 33x11.50? These will be my summer / street tires ad wheels so i am just putting all terrains on them or something similar. I will run Truxus m/t on my cragar wheels for wheeling. Will the rubicon wheels and tires rub on the control arms r anythign else? I will have 5.5"-6" of lift and trimming is already done.

2. Is it just me or does the second half of the gas tank og by quicker on the xj than the first half? I have a 95 now but I have also noticed this on my two 94's and my old 87 I used to have.

thanks

1. i think they are about a 34 inch tire but don't quote me on that (used online calculator) they shouldn't rub fenders but you will probably get into the arms at full lock and they should be about as wide as you said (11.5)

2. As far as the gas tank yes i get close to 200 miles from the first half and the last 80 on the second half, its just a jeep thing and there ain't much i can do about it so i don't worry

Thanks

Wow I get 250 on a tank on hwy with mine. I guess I need that tranny flush more than I thought. That and 3:55's and 32's does not help.

I run 285/75/16 MT/Rs on my XJ with rubicon wheels. They measure 33.1"x11.3". 295/75/16 will be about 1/2" taller and 1/2" wider...more like a 34x12 tire.

Yea I searched some more and 285/75/r16 is what I am going with. Now I am trying to find the best all terrain tire at the best price form the best supplier for these wheels. They will be for summer/DD/light wheeling. I plan on buying my friends semi used 33x12.50 Trxus m/t's for wheeling/winter to put on my cragar wheels. I dont mind driving the wide mud tire in the snow.

Any suggestions on the best place to buy tires and get them installed at a good to great price? Any suggestions on what tire besides BFG all terrains(what I want but too pricy)? Alot of ppl reccommend the general grabber at2. It got a great review on tire rack.com and its $104 a tire plus shipping and mouting and balancing, so with shipping i need to add $180 on the vehicle. (Its about $50 less than a local store (depending on the tire)is it worth it?) (compared to the cooper radial at, at 140 each installed)

Last edited:
Back