• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

the most lift out of my leaf springs???

94xjkyle

NAXJA Forum User
i need to get the biggest lift leaf springs i can find, im going to be at about 10" in the front and i am fishing for sugestions for the rear. i dont want to run a block but i will if i need to.

Are you looking for something that goes to the stock locations or more of a custom setup? Ten inches would be better done with a longer than stock leaf.

94xjkyle said:
i didnt ask if you thought i needed 10" or not

Re-read what i said....i never said anything about not needing them, just asked why you would need such a tall lift?

We will all be able to better base an opinion if we can figure out what your trying to accomplish first...

well i want to run a lot of lift so that i can clear 38" tires, i am running 38" tires because i want to get as much ground clearance under my d60, and yes i would like to keep it stock xj length because i dont feal like custom making any more shat on my heep, also, what is the biggest shackle anyones seen around.

94xjkyle said:
well i want to run a lot of lift so that i can clear 38" tires, i am running 38" tires because i want to get as much ground clearance under my d60, and yes i would like to keep it stock xj length because i dont feal like custom making any more shat on my heep, also, what is the biggest shackle anyones seen around.

really its not much trouble to fab new spring hangers and if you want any flex at all you'll want longer springs because with enough arch to provide as much lift as you're wanting at stock length the springs will be so stiff that they'll probably not flex much if any at all..

Unless you go really high dollar
like leaves from Deaver or National.. they can make leaves that are custom for any application, specific for vehicle weight and desired lift and travel..

94xjkyle said:
well, ive made almost everything else, why not do the hangers. dose anyone know where i can find any write-ups on this?

i've seen some on here, try searching for Longer Leaves

i've got one thread on Page 2 right now, "New rear bumper rear shackle mounts"

JLane99XJ said:
and if you want any flex at all you'll want longer springs because with enough arch to provide as much lift as you're wanting at stock length the springs will be so stiff that they'll probably not flex much if any at all..

Unless you go really high dollar
like leaves from Deaver or National.. they can make leaves that are custom for any application, specific for vehicle weight and desired lift and travel..

X2!!

With short springs that TALL you can almost guarantee its going to ride like a forklift and wont flex worth a crap. Id start by giving the two above comanies a call and see what they can do for you...it wont be cheap and they probably wont work all that well without going to a longer spring.

With something that tall, have you given any thought to coil over rears?? You could go with like an 8" coil over conversion and still have plenty of room to clear 38's and would be able to flex like crazy.

Back