• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

madrooster dual t cases??

too long and driveshaft dont go together...

the rear driveshaft being too short might be an issue

the front driveshaft is about 3 in shorter, and if you think about a 231 with the standard length sye, the 300 already has a sye and the hole setup makes the rear driveshaft 2-3 in shorter (if you use a 300 with a long tail housing). i made my own plate and intermidiat shaft and im about to bolt it up tomarow.

p.s. if anyone needs the cad files for the plate and intermidiat shaft, i have them, just ask

the plate is fairly simple but what about the shaft did you have it heat treated. was the shaft made from scratch or a normal 231 shaft cut and re splined.

Dirk Pitt said:
It's been discussed before here as well.

Ok I found it I should have searched under .........mad rooster

insted of ............................madrooster

these threads petty much explain it all

atlas .

i didnt use the 231 shaft because it has an oil gally drilled down the center and that would make it a lot weaker. i used 4340 and then had it cryogenicly treated.

if ya don't mind me asking how much do you figure it cost you to custom make it.

94xjkyle said:
i didnt use the 231 shaft because it has an oil gally drilled down the center and that would make it a lot weaker. i used 4340 and then had it cryogenicly treated.

not really, depending on the size of the hole strength should not be significantly effected.

im 4 somethin into it and that is including the d300.

as far as the 231 strength, the hole is pritty good size in the middle of the stock shaft, and why not get a shaft made? if thats going to be your weekest link, i think that its worth the extra buks to get one made from scratch and then have it hardend. the machinest guy i talked to said that it would be the same machining price to cut the old one down or just pay for a piece of 4340 and have one made from that. i try to avoid things that MIGHT work. if im going to spend the time and money there is no reason to not do it the best way posible

94xjkyle said:

Hopefully cryo was the last step in the process...

Machine, normalize (stress relief), heat treat, anneal, cryo.

Actually there is an easyer way to get dual tcases but it will only give you a 4:1 low range. 203/205 combo. Much more bullit proof imho....

Ghost said:
Actually there is an easyer way to get dual tcases but it will only give you a 4:1 low range. 203/205 combo. Much more bullit proof imho....

yeah but you still have to figure out how to hook it to the tranny

MJlogan said:
yeah but you still have to figure out how to hook it to the tranny

Nope, dodge 203 has a 23 spline input and will bolt up to teh ax-15 with drilling and taping.... Guy on Pirate did it behind a 4 popper on a yj, that is my plan too. In my 84 xj with a 4 popper..

Last edited:
Ghost said:
Nope, dodge 203 has a 23 spline input and will bolt up to teh ax-15 with drilling and taping.... Guy on Pirate did it behind a 4 popper on a yj, that is my plan too. In my 84 xj with a 4 popper..

forgot dodge was round six 23 spline- good call.

Ghost said:

Ditto.

Back