• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Teach me on round fog lights

herreraxto

NAXJA Forum User
I want to get some lights for my xj and don’t know anything, what are the best options, best value, brands, watts, durability, etc. and what are you running

im running kc slimlights i found them for cheap and the fit on the stock bumper nice...when i get my roof rack I am gonna run some cheap walmart lights

Hella 500 fits nicely on stock bumper.

The wiring should already be there for stock fog lights (even if you don't have them).

Search around. It will save you from having to wire them.

try $15 wal-mart burners first. If you don't like them, it's only $15. I like them however. Think they do a great job and easy wiring.

I also have KC slimlites but they're long range spots, but still could easily fit on a stock bumper and are bright as crap.

Chris

KC slimlites are awesome lights with options depending on what type of lights you have. My XJ didn't have the wiring harness for oem fog lights, but the KC's come with an excellent harness thats easy to install.

northern tool has 7" round light 100 watts work really good i had six on the roof rack of my jeep and they work really good and only like $10.00 a piece.

I've got Hella 450's mounted in the stock spots, but they hang too low. They are 55w H3s in a square housing. I used the Hella wiring and relay. I'm going to mount them on the bumper when I get a chance.

The subject line says fog lights, but do you really want fog lights? That is, do you want lights to help you see better in foggy conditions? Or are you really looking for some driving lights? Or maybe a wide-pattern off-road light? A lot of people seem to call any kind of after-market light that they add to their jeep a "fog light."

It really depends on what you want the lights to do. Someone else mentioned lights mounted on the roof. If you want lights for driving in foggy conditions, then mounting them on the roof is just about the WORST thing you could do! For other purposes, though, roof mounting works just fine.

Back