• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need shackles!!!!

cwlongshot

NAXJA Forum User
Shackles........
Mine factory units where rusted beyond safe use. I ditched them and replaced them with a set of +1.5" Daystar XJ shackles. These are nice HD units!! This was using factory leafs and pretty well fit the new +3 Rustys coils.

Lately I have noticed the MJ sitting a bit asqued in the rear. Low on the drivers side. SO, its time for new springs!! I have found a set of BDS +3 leaf packs and some ACOS spring spacers for the front.

Here is my issue, I am afraid the +3 leafs w/ extended shackles, may produce more lift than I really want or can balance out with the front ACOS.
I want a to keep a HD shackle. Here is what I need....

Who makes a good HD replacement shackle of factory or near factory MJ legnth?

the ACOS would level if out nice, i have a set, they are awsome, as for the shackles, try JKS, they have a set of boomeranges that give a bit over 1"
cwlongshot said:
Shackles........
Mine factory units where rusted beyond safe use. I ditched them and replaced them with a set of +1.5" Daystar XJ shackles. These are nice HD units!! This was using factory leafs and pretty well fit the new +3 Rustys coils.

Lately I have noticed the MJ sitting a bit asqued in the rear. Low on the drivers side. SO, its time for new springs!! I have found a set of BDS +3 leaf packs and some ACOS spring spacers for the front.

Here is my issue, I am afraid the +3 leafs w/ extended shackles, may produce more lift than I really want or can balance out with the front ACOS.
I want a to keep a HD shackle. Here is what I need....

Who makes a good HD replacement shackle of factory or near factory MJ legnth?

I have a good set of lifted shackles, what I need is a set of stock legnth MJ's or 1" extended XJ would work. BUT, I would like a beefy, durable set like what I currently have.

Like I said, I am worried the 1.75 xjs I have will be too much lift after adding the +3 BDS leaf packs.

Thanks,
CW

chevy 1/2 ton from 87-up? are about the same as MJ = plentiful in parts yards

Back