• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gear installation clinic....

OT

NAXJA Forum User
There will be a hands on gear installation clinic at the Badlands campground on Thursday Mar. 2nd at 11:00 AM.

If you want to learn the art of the gear setup, then be there.
If you have gears to install, show up and you'll be taught how on your own rig.
This clinic will also include a lunchbox locker install portion for all that have wondered how, but never had the confidence to do it.
If you want to learn how to install a Lincoln locker, the right way, you will need to secure a good welder.

You will need to bring your own hand tools and air tools.
I will be bringing my precision setup tools, but someone will need to bring a hydrualic press and someone will need to bring a compressor large enough for power tools.

If you are interested, post up here.
This will take place outdoors, so if the weather is too inclement, the clinic will be called off.

There will be no charge for the instruction, but alcoholic beverages can be donated to the campfire kitty.
It's highly recommended that you donate. :laugh3:

thursday at 11:00am huh...

any chance you could move that back in time a little later?

im planin on cuttin friday class, dont know if i can cut thursday and friday...
i can be there at 7:00pm with hot gears :D

if not - im up for missing more class...

Good Deal Okie!!
Side Note:
IF the weather is bad,
and
IF the axle is out of the vehicle,
we may use the "confrence room" in the Hilton.
So if some one has an extra axle that they can along, that would be super!

seanR said:
Good Deal Okie!!
Side Note:
IF the weather is bad,
and
IF the axle is out of the vehicle,
we may use the "confrence room" in the Hilton.
So if some one has an extra axle that they can along, that would be super!

or a set of jackstands...

doesnt take much to pull an axle :D

Props to Okie for offering to do this! :yelclap:

Hopefully I'll have mine complete by then, but I'd still like to attend the clinic.

BTT for an outstanding offer!!!

Even if you do not have the tools to do this yourself...

This is a great opportunity to watch how it's done and understanding the inner workings of your rear end...

:D

Wish I could make it!

Thanks for offering Terry!

Gil BullyKatz said:
This is a great opportunity to watch how it's done and understanding the inner workings of your rear end...

Dr. Terry, MWC Proctologist.

Lawn Cher' said:
Dr. Terry, MWC Proctologist.

proctolgist_366x424.JPG

Okie Terry said:
someone will need to bring a hydrualic press and someone will need to bring a compressor large enough for power tools.

TTT...

Great... I got a leaky front axle seal... guess that means this is the time to re-gear and change thoes seals...

im looking at 460.00 for gears, master install kits, and a front carrier from PORC - good deal? bad deal?

XJ_ranger said:
Great... I got a leaky front axle seal... guess that means this is the time to re-gear and change thoes seals...

im looking at 460.00 for gears, master install kits, and a front carrier from PORC - good deal? bad deal?

Not bad for front and rear.

Also try completeoffroad.com

XJ_ranger said:
good call!

FWIW,

I got Yukon 4.10's and a Timken MI kit from Complete OR for $188 to my door. I thought that was pretty good.

I've bought both of my lockers off Rawbrown (member of NAXJA). I felt that he gave a good deal on both of them, shopped around a little and he beat everybodies price. I'd rather support the small man rather than the big companies. Shipping was quick, and customer service was excellent! got my two pennies.........

bshaw said:
I've bought both of my lockers off Rawbrown (member of NAXJA). I felt that he gave a good deal on both of them, shopped around a little and he beat everybodies price. I'd rather support the small man rather than the big companies. Shipping was quick, and customer service was excellent! got my two pennies.........
I bought both Detroits and gear sets from Rawbrown. He gave me a very competitive price. There is no beating his support though. He walked me through setting the D30 gear set using a cell phone and emailing pics. Very good guy to work with.

Les

LBEXJ said:
I bought both Detroits and gear sets from Rawbrown. He gave me a very competitive price. There is no beating his support though. He walked me through setting the D30 gear set using a cell phone and emailing pics. Very good guy to work with.

Les
x2
He gave me the run down over the phone on what had to be done. Never did have to call him for anything else during the install, but he gave a good prep talk about everything before I started.

when changing gears would be a good time to replace front axle seals too right?

well, my passenger side axle seal might as well not exist, so i guess now is the time...

do master install kits come with new axle seals?
are there any special tools for changing axle seals?

thanks guys...

Back