• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

track bar mount on pas drop axle?

94xjkyle

NAXJA Forum User
ive got he RE heavy duty track bar and mount and i would like to use it onmy new axle if posible. im swaping in a pas drop 44 out of a 70 somthin, and im trying to figure out how im going to mount my trackbar. anyone got any ideas or pics of it done? any help is helpfull.
thanks, kyle

i dont have any pictures of mine right now, but you need to make a bracket that sits infront of the coil spring......its a pain, my first one broke, 2nd one has been fine, 1/4" plate and some gussets

but if i put something in front of the coil bucket that would put the bar right in front of my diff, did you mount yours a lot higher or what?

I should have mine back from the shop this week and could get you some pics then. I had problems with that too and decided to just have it done.

Image(37).jpg

Image(38).jpg

Image(39).jpg

Image(40).jpg

please ignore the nasty welds, that was all done on the trail, with my onboard welder......

ya im running a d300 behined the front half of my stock 231, its kinda hard to explane in one sentance but it is the planetary gear set from the 231, a custom adapter plate and an intermidiet shaft then the d300 bolted on the back of it and you get dule case with a 7.5ish reduction ratio

its only about an inch longer than the stock 231 with a regular size slip yoke eliminator, if thats not what you ment im not shure what you are talking about

94xjkyle said:
ya im running a d300 behined the front half of my stock 231, its kinda hard to explane in one sentance but it is the planetary gear set from the 231, a custom adapter plate and an intermidiet shaft then the d300 bolted on the back of it and you get dule case with a 7.5ish reduction ratio
sorry to hijack.
did you make the 231 adapter or buy it. if you made it give us a few details on it.

you can buy it from one of the vendors on pirate, its a simmilar to the the mad rooster crawl box. but i didnt want to pay 650 or 700, i cant remeber how much it was. so im havng my own aluminum plate made and a 4340 intermidiat shaft made. i have the cad drawings that you need to run it fliped or unfliped, if you need them just let me know.

I'm more interested in see how you're going to run a passenger drop axle on an XJ.
Going to a pull-start or just 15" of lift?

94xjkyle said:
so im havng my own aluminum plate made and a 4340 intermidiat shaft made. i have the cad drawings that you need to run it fliped or unfliped, if you need them just let me know.

I'm interested in why you are going with 4340. Is it pre heat treat or are you sending it out after machining? Why not go with 8620?

Back