• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Plans Ive got...any major flaws?

xjrrrdx

NAXJA Forum User
Well here is the plan as of now. If 8.8 is too much for my budget (depending on junkyard price) ill go the disc brake on my 8.25 route. I know I can fit 33s now on my 3" but Im going to ~5.5" for articulations sake and clearance for where I normally get hung up on my sliders and t-case skid. 33s, 4.56s Im currently taking some welding classes so I want to give a go at my own long arms. and if I do a lot harder trails later on ill upgrade to chromo shafts. Im not trying to be cheap about it.

Would I need to do any sort of steering mods for this? I have a XD RE trackbar/mount and tie rod, I think the only weak link is drag link.
Here she is now.
DSCN1473.jpg

moodyhill11.jpg

Oh and I know there is a t-case drop....I have an SYE in route as I type. I have the t-case drop off and the rear shaft off, just waiting

Well I have the RE 3.5" ZJ coils in there. And for my rustys 3" pack I have a 1.5" shackle. I hope I dont over do it here with lift and small tires. Hmm I need to find someone with 33's to try on before I drop $570 on tires.

xjrrrdx said:
Well I have the RE 3.5" ZJ coils in there. And for my rustys 3" pack I have a 1.5" shackle. I hope I dont over do it here with lift and small tires. Hmm I need to find someone with 33's to try on before I drop $570 on tires.

I bet you would not be happy with 33's with that much lift. I have a set you can try on if you want. I'm near 64th & federal. They are pro comps on 10" alum. wheels and they are off-set outward some. Here they are and I had about 5" of lift.
jEEP8-26-05.jpg

Deffinately do the rear disc set up. I found a d-44 in the junk yard and used ZJ disc and I love it. I can lock up the tires on pavement now.
Also lower gears make a world of difference. I have 4.88's, I'm not sure how 4.56 would perform with 33's but I'm sure it'd be about the same.
If you stop at 4.5" lift then steering options stay inexpensive, so do brake lines.
Heres a pic of my draglink with 6" lift and skyjacker drop pitman. I can't wait to get a new steering system.

steeringoabanddrop.JPG

Well tomorrow im going to the local pull n' save to scavenge a 8.8, if not Ill just disc my 8.25. I stole some spare YJ lines from my uncles garage. My main worry is I trimmed about a good 1"-1.5" off the front and the same from the rear and at an initial 5" i just think I will dwarf 33''s. Steering Im not too worried thats why Im not going over 5" until I graduate. 35s is a big price gap betweed 33s so Im not sure, plus I dont know how a locked D30 would like 35s

That is indeed Moody Hill...there was an S-10 all decked out that snapped a TRE. And that was at the very first shelf on the rock quarry

Back