• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Disconnects, JKS quickers or RE Gen2's

XJ99

NAXJA Forum User
I'm Installing my new suspension next weekend, Its the RE5.5 with db's and Im adding a 3/4" poly up front and a 1/2" block in the rear....thats the basic's. My real question is, I have both the RE Gen 2 sway bar disconnects the kit came with, but I also have the JKS quicker disconnects that work on a XJ up to 6". Just want to hear opinions on which is better and why you think that. Im kinda stuck on which set to use? So shoot me the negatives and positives of each...

XJ99 said:
I'm Installing my new suspension next weekend, Its the RE5.5 with db's and Im adding a 3/4" poly up front and a 1/2" block in the rear....thats the basic's. My real question is, I have both the RE Gen 2 sway bar disconnects the kit came with, but I also have the JKS quicker disconnects that work on a XJ up to 6". Just want to hear opinions on which is better and why you think that. Im kinda stuck on which set to use? So shoot me the negatives and positives of each...

I've seen two sets of RE Gen2's break. Usually the bolt going from the disconnect shaft into the red thingy that hooks to the sway bar pulls out, under stress.. say, going around a corner, when your not expecting the jeep to suddenly sway.

They roughly work on the same principle and both are equally good...the old RE disconnects SUCKED!! Their Gen 2 ones are really quite good though. Run either or though...your not going to gain anything with one over the other.

Ive ran the RE Gen 2's for a while now and have been happy with them.

Last edited:
If you already have the jks, they shoulda had a couple pins with them so you can attach the ends to a skidplate when disconnected. I made a bracket to attach them to, works just as well. That can be handy, not sure if the re's have anything like that

98XJSport said:
If you already have the jks, they shoulda had a couple pins with them so you can attach the ends to a skidplate when disconnected. I made a bracket to attach them to, works just as well. That can be handy, not sure if the re's have anything like that

They do...they come with some nice aluminum studs to mount so you have something to connect it to while the swaybar is disconnected and dont have to bother with bungie cords or rope to hold it up out of the way.

i'll buy the ones you don't use..:wave:

I'm gonna check out the RE2's when I get them but I will probably end up going with the JKS depending how the fit up once the suspension is on...I'll let ya know mack....

I have the Jks and i have never had a single issue with them. Ive also been extremely impressed with the overall quality of these.

JKS x 19.996

Back