• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aw4 Tranny ft lb ratings?

Hiaboo

NAXJA Forum User
Ben looking for a while, and I can't find the ratings for the aw4 tranny and the 242 TC. If someone out there knows, I'll appreciate it.

I guess I should have asked earlier, do you want the torque spec. for the 4.0L engine? That's 220 ft lb @ 4,000 rpm - used in 91-95 and updated in 96-01 to 225 ft lb torque @ 3000 rpm (00-01 models use a distributorless ignition system). Not sure what you're looking for for the AW4.

Ah well, not for the engine, no. I wanted to know how much the transmission could handle up to. A friend of mine is talking about stroking his 4.0 to 4.6 and he's convinced that he needs to change the transmisison I told him that it wasnt necessary that the transmission could take it. So that's why I'm asking for the torque figures for the transmission. The answer for the TC was right on.. I cant find this junk. I wish I had a FSM maybe it'd be in ther, its for a 2000 xj btw.

it most def hold up, here is an example, My saab comes from the factory with 200lb ft i think.. can't really remember off top of my head, the auto transmission can hold up to like 300 something ft-lbs.

Been running a 4.7L stroker for a couple of years with an AW4. Absolutely no problems. Lots of other folks do a well.

Back