• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

things I hate today...

BCParker

NAXJA Forum User
Would it be possible to use a little more salt on the roads when the forecast calls for clear weather? I ask because I almost spun a tire today going around a corner, and I'm worried that I might have to put my vehicle in 4wd . also, I can still see some blue on my jeep.

DSCN1195.jpg

Consider your XJ cured for a long shelf life, like pickles and beef jerky.

Yep, that's what mine looks like currently, right down to the steel blue paint.

:(

Back in Missouri, they'd salt a 6" snow fall. During the day traffic would turn it into a rutted up slush. Then, by about 2am when you're headed home from the fiance's house, that rutted up slush is frozen solid.

Holy Bump Steer, Batman!

If they'd just leave the snow alone, it would pack down nice and flat. Putting salt in it just screws it up. If they get the least little fear of cold around here they go out and dump cinders on all the overpasses. It's like driving on marbles. I've only seen ice twice in 13 years down here. They have more accidents on the cinders than they've ever had on any ice. Of course, if they don't do something and there is ice, they'll get their butts sued off. Go figure.

Have fun up there. We're not going to get back home this Christmas. It's too close to the delivery of our little girl :laugh3: (Lauren. due Jan 10. Keep your fingers crossed for a 2005 tax deduction)

BCParker said:
Would it be possible to use a little more salt on the roads when the forecast calls for clear weather? I ask because I almost spun a tire today going around a corner, and I'm worried that I might have to put my vehicle in 4wd . also, I can still see some blue on my jeep.

DSCN1195.jpg

Looks like my Moss Green Limited, well I think it's Moss Green, most of what I see is salt on mine right now..........................

That's some of the same reason I bought a truck with the 242 and normally use the full-time feature on it. I watched somebody almost wreck trying to follow my Lebaron through a corner a couple of years ago with those conditions, I took the corner a little hard and pushed a bit, then the driver of a Mercury Mystic (well, how ever that's spelled) thought he could match my speed in the corner, took the corner to hot or followed the wrong line, and slid from the acceleration lane almost all the way over to the concrete median (basicly 3 lanes) before he got it back under control!

Last edited:
i just want to lick it!

bjoehandley said:
Mercury Mystic (well, how ever that's spelled)

That's spelled 'Mystake.'

Well, that's true of any Mercury.

When I was a sophomore at UMC I hooked up with a Senior right before Christmas break. She lived in north St. Louis Co. just 20 minutes from my folks. Not wanting a new relationship to cool down (especially with a senior slumming amongst the lower classes) I arranged a date over the Christmas holiday. I picked her up in the best ride my dad had in the fleet: a '72 Plymouth Grand Fury. Everything was working: heat, wipers, stereo, washer fluid....

...well, right up until we pulled away from her folks' place. The wiper fluid motor crapped out. It was right at sunset, rolling west on I-270 north loop and every friggin' rig on the highway is throwing freezing salt slush on my windshield. Without washer fluid there was no way to get that $#%& off the windshield. We had to pull off every third exit so I could scrape that #$&% off. All the way to dinner. All the way to the theater. All the way back to her folks. Stop and scrape: stop and scrape. That was the second and final date. All I got was a goodnight (goodbye) kiss. #$@& %#$#&^$ salt slush. The best opportunity of my sophomore year blown to $#$%.

Was on my way to a costume party, wife picked out the costume for me. Remember the Riddler (Batman). Throttle cable snapped about half way to the party, I'm wandering around the interstate in a pair of lime green tights, finally repaired the cable with some odds and ends out of the tool box, just about finished and a truck comes by an drenches me in salt water.
Fast forward two hours, I'm sitting at a table in white crust covered lime green tights. And the honey to my left starts sneaking her hand slowly up my left thigh, OK this is neat. All of a sudden my wife starts sliding her hand up the right thigh. My wife and the honey next to me, end up holding hands, my profuse sweating, just about washed away all the salt.
Moral of the story, don't blame it on the salt XJ Dreamin.

8Mud said:
Was on my way to a costume party, wife picked out the costume for me. Remember the Riddler (Batman). Throttle cable snapped about half way to the party, I'm wandering around the interstate in a pair of lime green tights, finally repaired the cable with some odds and ends out of the tool box, just about finished and a truck comes by an drenches me in salt water.
Fast forward two hours, I'm sitting at a table in white crust covered lime green tights. And the honey to my left starts sneaking her hand slowly up my left thigh, OK this is neat. All of a sudden my wife starts sliding her hand up the right thigh. My wife and the honey next to me, end up holding hands, my profuse sweating, just about washed away all the salt.
Moral of the story, don't blame it on the salt XJ Dreamin.

OH, that's cold!

I swear, I had a shot with this girl - really. I didn't ask her if she had a friend. That might have worked, now I think about it :dunce:

'Course, if I'd had the XJ then, instead of a '72 Plymouth...

Yeah. Show up with the back seat down, a mattress ready in the back. In the final analysis, I think I moved too slow with that one. I mean she was slumming for a reason, right?

Last edited:
Yeah, thats how my Forrest Green XJ looks thanks to today....salt didn't do a bit of good on the solid ice this morning. Not gonna bother washin it just yet, as they're callin for more ice Thursday night, and then again Monday night. My silver wheels match the color of my tires up front, and the back wheels and tires are a solid white. Atleast somebody before me Herculined the undercarriage a bit, so i'm not too concerned there.

On a side note, how are you liking the Revo's? Just got a set put on the KJ, and i'm runnin the D693's on my XJ, both do absolutely AWESOME in rain and this morning in the ice. I really really wanted the Revo's when I was in the market back in May, bit the price was just a tad too high. They've come down a bit in the last few months.

Salt on the roads? :dunno: Never seen it. Sure looks like I'm missing out; damnit!

:sunshine:

I live in lower michigan and mine looks the same most of the winter. But I am originally from the michigans upper pennsula, up there they use mostly dirt on the roads, salt is a waste of money.

would it be too morbid if i said life?

i love louisiana and that we dont get snow or salt. mmm rust free

and the shotgun for all those pesky looters

99XJSPORT06 said:
On a side note, how are you liking the Revo's? Just got a set put on the KJ, and i'm runnin the D693's on my XJ, both do absolutely AWESOME in rain and this morning in the ice. I really really wanted the Revo's when I was in the market back in May, bit the price was just a tad too high. They've come down a bit in the last few months.

I love everything about those tires, except the price.

Awesome in the rain, I haven't seen more than an inch of snow with these tires yet, but so far I'm impressed. I have to floor it to spin them at all on dry pavement- they seem to stick really well in the rain and snow too.

only off road I've seen with them so far was gravel and dirt- they kick up the gravel alot, and it gets stuck between the tread, but overall they worked well- I don't imagine they'd do too well in mud though.

they leave a cool tread pattern in the snow too.

Last edited:
Back