• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

looking for a 300

Roxtar

NAXJA Forum User
What vehicles do I look for as donors for a 300?

Non jeep sources?
Comon, as many of these things as are floating around they had to come in a lot more than old CJs

scout, but you don't want that one unless you're planning on running a different motor or buying a new mounting adapter.

Yep, and the Scout version is somewhat rare-ish (1980 only). You'll find one if you are a good scrounger, but you'll need to adapt it to use it (IIRC).

Better off with the Jeep version as it has a sorta-NV pattern. AFAIK only 1980-1986 Jeep CJ5s (1983 last year), CJ7s and CJ8s used them.

The jeep one's are less expensive to buy also. I got mine off ebay for like 250 shipped. Asked around at the junkyards and they wanted 300-600.

kirby said:
The jeep one's are less expensive to buy also. I got mine off ebay for like 250 shipped. Asked around at the junkyards and they wanted 300-600.

i see them on e-bay for like 80+80 shipping all day long...

Back