• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shock length

markaboo929

NAXJA Forum User
i was wondering if any one had figured out shock lengths and what brand works well -like skyjackers for a dodge pickup- for a 6.5 inch long arm set up on 88 xj.i got some for free and was going to go through the hassle to look online for the length on these-or other shock manufacturer that would work well .any opinions/ideas and what you have?thank you for any replies.left out 33x10.50 tires on factory 5x7 wheels.

markaboo929 said:
i was wondering if any one had figured out shock lengths and what brand works well -like skyjackers for a dodge pickup- for a 6.5 inch long arm set up on 88 xj.i got some for free and was going to go through the hassle to look online for the length on these-or other shock manufacturer that would work well .any opinions/ideas and what you have?thank you for any replies.left out 33x10.50 tires on factory 5x7 wheels.
If you have the lift already in.... then go out and measure your travel: there is no substitute from that. When you measure you can tune the shock height to your suspension instead of guessing at it and then limiting either your uptravel or downtravel with it.
Cause from where I sit your jeep has 2" compression and 4" droop with the static height of 5" :D

Ditto.

Flex it up and measure......that's the only way to get shock lengths right.

With shocks disconnected, BTW.

Back