• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thanksgiving weekend in Poteau, Ok. run report

OT

NAXJA Forum User
Well, it was a great run and some serious carnage was sustained by most.
This was a "big meat" run and I had the smallest tires (35"s) in the whole event.
The next smallest tires run were 39"s and 95% had 44"s and larger.
A few guys, maybe 5% were running Dana 44s front and rear, probably 70% had Dana 60s, and the other 35% were on Rockwells.
I'm running a Dana 30 front and 8.25 rear.
You'll all be happy to know, I ran better than most of the big meat rigs and there was little I couldn't do.
I did, however, have to winch in all the spots that everyone else did.
Anyway, on to the pictures.

Here is the portfolio with the rest of the pics.

These were from the parking lot the morning of the first run.
We had about 20 rigs in our group.
Can you guess which one is on 35"s? :laugh3:

is.php

is.php

The trail for the day was Panel Wagon and the toughest part was an offshoot that I'd have to rate as x-treme.
There were so many break-downs that it took at least 4 hours to run the 100 yard obstacle.
After getting through it, we moved on to an obstacle called Transfer Case, but we couldn't get to it because of more carnage, so we had to turn around , take a shortcut over the mountain and call it a day.:(

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

Here is the top

is.php

The next day, we set out to run Grassy and Axle Breaker.
Unforutunately, my camera man stunk so the only good pics of the day were taken by me.

Here is Grassy and it was pretty loose and tricky, but the XJ made it up easier than any of the other rigs.

is.php

There's a buggy in the top right if you look close enough.

is.php

And finally was Axle Breaker.
This one was a ball buster and I had to winch out of it.
Again, no pics of the XJ.

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

Axle Breaker lived up to it's name.

is.php

is.php

Find the rear winch cable in this one.:D

is.php

All in all, it was a great event and I will return to piss off the big meat guys for years to come.

I think we should start taking bets on how many more runs your ride will make. :D

Sweet pics.

Before last summer, my impression of OK was there was not much there other than praire. Well, there is a lot of praire, but after being there and looking at these pics there obviously is also some pretty wild shit.

Nice pics Terry.

Les

LBEXJ said:
Before last summer, my impression of OK was there was not much there other than praire. Well, there is a lot of praire, but after being there and looking at these pics there obviously is also some pretty wild shit.

Nice pics Terry.

Les
Thanks Les.
That pic from the top is the top of Cavanal Hill.
It's officially the tallest hill in the world.
But, there's flatland in Oklahoma as well.
You just have to know where to look. ;)

Terry,
Great pics and that looks like a very fun run. Pics like that make me Glad I was wrenching all weekend.

BUT WTF is this?

is.php

I'm sure it looks great from the side but from the back it looks like it is the truck from the Beverly Hillbillies

againstherwill said:
Terry,
Great pics and that looks like a very fun run. Pics like that make me Glad I was wrenching all weekend.

BUT WTF is this?

is.php

I'm sure it looks great from the side but from the back it looks like it is the truck from the Beverly Hillbillies
It's all, ahem. that's why I took these of it.
But, he did save my butt with his onboard welder, so kudos to the guy as a person.

is.php

:laugh: thats one interesting rig. looks like fun. i gotta go back to clayton, but with a buddy(5 hours alone in a jeep makes me crazy) and better place to sleep than some nasty ass hotel.

ìØä÷$íø_Ãÿ etc.... is all I get with the pix.

Guess I need to learn to speak Okie... :D

T, I know I haven't seen your rig for a while but...

Dayem

I will have to get down your way this coming year.

kid4lyf said:
T, I know I haven't seen your rig for a while but...

Dayem

I will have to get down your way this coming year.

He needs to invest in some sawzall time!

hinkley

Back