• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Idiots and Windshields

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
so i was driving on the highway yesterday and i come up on this guy driving an expedition hauling a trailer, and all of a sudden i hear stuff popping and flying through the air and then a rock hits my windshield and scratches it, so i swerve over, and boom another rock its my windshield leaving a tiny crack and and now im in the far left lane trying to catch up with him to get his liscens plate and give him the finger, and then i hear somethin shatter like glass, and he busted one of my fog lights, but he speeds up and im cutting off cars trying to miss these rocks and i never get to get his licsens plate, so was wondering how much would a glass company charge you think to fix a little crack in the windshield to keep it form spreading? and is there anything i can do in the mean time to help it?

A drop of aceton, blow it out with air, then super glue. If it's through both layers, chances are it is gonna keep right on spreading.

its not through both layers, its barely on the top layer, the crack is prolly the size maybe a little smaller than a eraser on a pencil and then its got the littlecraks lines comeing out 4 wats but the lines are prolly half a centimeterm,and the other marks are just like scuffs with no crack lines

Hopefully it's not right in the middle of your field of vision. If the hole is bigger I've used Jewelers epoxy with success. It is mostly absolutely clear and can be sanded and buffed. Available at most any lapidary shop.

They make those do it yourself Windshield Repair Kits that you can get at just about any auto parts store. Can't think of the name of the stuff right now, but my neighbor used it on his Jeep and his Honda and it worked very well. He had small chips on both from rocks, similar to your story.

its not int he middle of my field of vision, but i see it everytime i look at the glass, but its not bad at all, its just that i know its there, so it bothers me. i just need something to keep it from spreading untill i can get some glass peeps out here to fix it

Matthew Currie said:
Those little do it yourself kits can work pretty well if you follow directions closely and take your time. I did one and it was quite nice until the windshield cracked in a different place.
Yes, follow the directions very closely.
Make sure there is NO moisture in the crack or you'll seal it in and when the weather gets cold, it could crack more from the expansion of the moisture.

zfinger said:
Dont feel bad, I had the windshield of my KIA smashed with a giant rubber dildo... and no I'm not kidding
I bet the next time she yells wait, wait, I'm almost there you'll listen to her. :laugh3:

ok that sucks, but really is it the other vehicle's fault? I mean rock are on the rocks crap happens. I had a neighbors throw a fit cause aparently when I passed her one of my tires on my 2wd toyota pickup threw up a rock and cracked it. I said sorry I didn't do it one purpose and she got all pissed at me and my family.

If you have State Farm Insurance they cover chip repairs for FREE. And it doesn't count against you. I currently have had 4 repairs in 2 years.

Normally they are $50 around here

Alright, well one day I went snowboarding with my cousin at Sunday RIver. The lodge is for Massholes and rich people, so we boot up in the car and walk right up to the lifts. Some kids in a minivan beside me had a giant rubber dildo, like 2 feet long. They were waiving it around and hitting eacother with it, and being all around retards.

When I came out at the end of the day, my windshild was smashed right infront of the drivers seat, the was a huge dick print, and the van was gone...

The cops got a few laughs when I called to report my window was smashed with a dildo.

zfinger said:
Alright, well one day I went snowboarding with my cousin at Sunday RIver. The lodge is for Massholes and rich people, so we boot up in the car and walk right up to the lifts. Some kids in a minivan beside me had a giant rubber dildo, like 2 feet long. They were waiving it around and hitting eacother with it, and being all around retards.

When I came out at the end of the day, my windshild was smashed right infront of the drivers seat, the was a huge dick print, and the van was gone...

The cops got a few laughs when I called to report my window was smashed with a dildo.

yukyukyuk. he said "Masshole"

Back