• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I wish they made these for 97' and UP XJ's!!!

jrsxj98 said:
"It is, It is a 97+". Should fit with very little mod...

I e mailed the guys there and inquired about it. I might end up ordering them. Where and how do you paint fiberglass? Has anyone ever painted fiberglass? How much do you think it would cost to get a color match paint job on them?

The only real difference between the fenders, besides the flare, is the corner. On '96 down the corner is cut at an angle. With the '97 up it is rounded off. So if you put an older fender on a newer XJ the corner won't "flow" to the front header panel like it's supposed to. If something like this doesn't bother you then those fenders will work on your rig. Which you should be able to figure out since they are pictured on a newer rig, regardless of what the year range listed is.

I've been told that the header panel bolts on in different locations between the old and new. I haven't ever confirmed this, but if it's true, all you have to do is drill new holes for the studs. If you look around on here there are a few people whole have put the newer header panel on an older rig and kept the older fenders

its a neat idea, but i think they look like crap. Looks like the fender got smashed or something. Just look at how it flows to the doors, and towards the header panel. it bows out so much it doesnt have a "clean" look to me. But thats just me.

I think they look pretty good for a flared glass fender.

Just keep in mind, you'll want to stay away from the rocks with those. One trip to calico and they could be gone. Also looks like they come out a bit more then the factory too. Makes them an even bigger target.

Thom (TCharon on this board) has fiberglass fenders and a snorkel setup on his red 97+ XJ.

You could try to PM him for some pics.

I have Glassworks 4.5 glass on my 2001 xj. I bought them used. We had to cut part of the front of the fender to make it fit above the bumper end cap. Other than that it was up fine.

Back