• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'00 hose # numbers?

g13092

NAXJA Forum User
Hi folks, been lurking for quite a while, first post.

I have an '00 XJ that I bought in '01 with ~16k. It now has ~85k. Spiffy lube did coolant change in Nov 03. I was going to do the coolant change this time, now adding prestone flush to the procedure. Before adding the flush tee, I got to thinking about changing hoses due to age. I haven't inspected them & none have failed that I know of. I plan to start towing a 19' boat next season, so I figure an ounce of prevention...

So, finding a quality hose seems to be a pain. All the local parts stores have the generic no-names in stock, its special order for Goodyear, etc. Rock Auto has gates. I'm not as trusting of mail order, if you can't see the part, you can't tell if it is really the right thing until it arrives. So, can anyone confirm these part numbers will work?

Upper GATES Part # 21821 $8.85
Lower GATES Part # 21615 $10.65
Heater To Pipe GATES Part # 19038 $9.44
Heater To Eng GATES Part # 19039 $20.79

Or, should I suck it up and pay dealership prices for original Mopar pieces?

This is a great forum, keep it up.

Mark D.

I just got a reply from my local dealer. As expected, they aren't cheap...

"UPPER RAD HOSE $19.60
LOWER IS $15.00
THE RETURN HEATER LINE IS $41.60
THE SUPPLY IS $46.35"

mark d

While I loved the Napa by my last house, the one near my new place is not as good. I can't disagree about napa parts, I love the napa (wix) oil filters. Got my battery from Napa & plenty of other parts, too. Bad counter guys can spoil a good parts store...

Tues afternoon I call the Napa, they don't have the molded heater hoses, but can get them from the warehouse by 4:30. I get there at 5:30. The dude behind the counter is flustered, acting like he needed to leave an hour ago. He looks up the rad and heater hoses. Heater hoses are out of stock. I explain my call earlier in the day. He says all they have is bulk hose. Frustrated, I tell him to keep the rad hoses and I leave.

The next evening I stop at Murrays. Their hoses are goodyear. I ended up getting hoses at Murrays. They list two molded hoses, but also have 3 cut to fit entries in their computer. What gives? How many darn hoses are there on a '00?

I need to get an FSM...

Coolant flush and hose change comences tomorrow AM.

Thanks for the input :)

Mark D.

Radiator leaking... (was '00 hose # numbers?)

Crud. While looking for a petcock to open I notice the radiator is seeping at the plastic to metal connection along the tanks. It's worse on one end. Can these rads be fixed like all metal ones? Or is this one simply toast?

At this point, I'm going to hold off on the coolant flush until decide on how to proceed with fixing the leak.

Also, the "pipe" that the lower heater hose connects to is pretty corroded. Is there are replacement part for this pipe? Or is it part of the water pump?

Mark D.

Anyone got any comments on the seeping rad issue?

How about the corroded pipe on the WP? Is that part of the pump or something I can get separately?

thx,
mark d.

my plastic ended radiator started leaking slowly a few months ago. It lasted until friday when it started leaking big time. I was told by both the dealer and an independent radiator shop that it was not fixable.

I've been looking at Radiatorbarn online, they have a stock type replacement that they advertise as all metal for ~$130- don't know if it's any good or not, but I might try it.

Back