• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Express 3.5" lift questions

Zoro

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking into getting the Rubicon Express 3.5" lift, what else will I need to add so I can make it a 5.5" lift? I know I'll need coil spacers up front, what else? I'm not fond of blocks for the rear so will an ad a leaf do or will I need to run longer shackles.

Thanks

GirlScout1 said:
yes shackles will do it. Mind you out of the box it's going to end up at around 5" till it settles.
Kinda figured that much, I'm only looking at running 33's for the time being.

Will I need a t-case drop kit too?

Zoro said:
I'm looking into getting the Rubicon Express 3.5" lift, what else will I need to add so I can make it a 5.5" lift?
Get the 4.5" kit.

after all is said and done, you should just get the RE 5.5", because you should have the CA drop brackets for the height, so drop brackets, coil spacers and something for the rear, you can just get the 5.5" kit for the money you'll spend to get to 5.5"

mack said:
after all is said and done, you should just get the RE 5.5", because you should have the CA drop brackets for the height, so drop brackets, coil spacers and something for the rear, you can just get the 5.5" kit for the money you'll spend to get to 5.5"
Sounds to me like he isn't made of money and doesn't want to spend another $1000. Im in the same boat kinda, I'm getting thr RE 4.5" kit when I know I should get the 5.5" for the drop brackets and HD TB.

Another vote for the 4.5" kit, especially if youre already planning on adding shackles. The lower control arms are a good investment anyway, and with just a little trimming its very easy to fit 33s anyway.

Back