• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Math-a-ton donations.

shelbyluvv

NAXJA Forum User
My son's 2nd grade class is having a donation drive by doing a math-a-thon. The way it is going to work is a flat donation. Where you just send me the cash and we add your name and address and amount pledged to his tally sheet.

There will be prizes for the kids who collect the most money. All the proceeds go to his school. I can take cash, check, money orders or paypal.

If you wish to send a check please make it payable to:
TPES Second Grade Math-a-ton Fund Raising Cause

Send MO or cash to:
Robert Kennedy
74740 Serrano Dr
29 Palms Ca 92277

Please paypal [email protected]

No amount is too small. Thanks for any help in this. I will update with his total pledges every few days.

I am Dakota and I approve this message,
da.jpg

where is math involved?

bajacalal said:
Hey I've been there and never did find them.

I think the guy that named the place had heat stroke and didn't know the difference between a Joshua tree and a Palm tree and just got tired of counting at 29.
Or maybe the Marines blew them all up, during artillery practice.

Last edited:
GSequoia said:
Hmm...

Proof that you can't always trust your first glance at things.

Thought it said Meth-a-thon

Which would be appropriate for 29 Palms right?

Ok, ok, I know I shouldn't dog on this guys town even though the mojave desert cities are allegedly the biggest producers of meth in the US. I like that area too, Joshua Tree. Diddn't it not too long ago be something other than a natl. park?

Joshua Tree used to be one, really ugly faded pink Motel. Or the place you drove through to get to the bar in Kelso or drove back through to get to the bar in 29 Palms. Or turned left at to get to the Bar in Barstow. It was the half way point, to anyplace interesting.
I think Joshua Tree is famous for being the home of the worlds oldest rock.

Last edited:
Actually the ugly old faded pink motel is still there!

And yes, the Meth-A-Thon is much more appropriate around twenty-nine; although up the road in Yucca Valley it's much more appropriate.

Sequoia

29 Yucca Palms :doh: Maybe he couldn't remember what came after 29.
Used to be a fun place, before it grew up and became civilized.

I did not ask to be here, I was sent here, On the question where is math involved. You could pledge a amount for each of the question he got right on the 2 tests. There is a total of 300 questions and the tests are on 2 different days. That way is more for family and peps local so you can collect after the tests are finished.

We weren't laughing at you, we were laughing with you. Standard answer when asked what do you guys do for fun around here (in 29 Palms) is count the palms, in Joshua Tree it's count the the Joshua Trees, in Kelso count the rocks. If you ever make it out to Ludlow and ask a local what they do for fun, there answer will invriably be, clean up the dust. Did you know the Joshua Tree, was named after a near sighted bandit.
You'd probably get more donations, if the address and E-mail was for the school.
Being a Marine in 29 Palms, is kind of like being in the Arizona Coast Guard. :laugh3:

8Mud said:
You'd probably get more donations, if the address and E-mail was for the school.
Being a Marine in 29 Palms, is kind of like being in the Arizona Coast Guard. :laugh3:

That might work if the funds were going to be sent directly to the school. The kids have a talley sheet that they will turn in Nov 27th with all their pledges and all the funds collected.

If you have not noticed all the action is in Iraq. The conditions in Iraq are just about identical to the Stumps. This is about the most realistic training a Marine can get before they deploy to the dirt lot.

Back to my son's donations. Please do not clutter the thread with 29 Palms or meth jokes. Thanks, Robert. He is reading and hoping for the best from other Jeepers. I am having fun explaing to him what meth is.

Back