• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Couple Lift Questions

Backdraft

NAXJA Forum User
Ok fellas, I'm finally going to get this ugly dog up in the air a little. I got some rustys 4 inch leaf packs, upcountry front coils and spacers. Scored a set of DT3000s as well.
Here are my questions. Is anyone running 4 inches or so of lift and the stock control arms, and if so how squirrelly is the the handling?? Also can I use the YJ brake lines for extentions or do i need something longer? As far as keeping the Jeep running, I know what Im doing, but as far as lifts and suspension goes, Im still learning a bit. Thanks for the opinions and help.

Mike

i had 5 inches of lift with stock control arms and no handling problems,but the stock lcas will limit the atriculation of the axle.
i think yj brake lines are long enough.

guten Tag mudracer, thanks for the info. Anyone elses expierence?

Mike

I run stock brakelines at 5" of lift. I just bent the metal line strait and bolted it down next to the shock. I will be going with yj ones soon because of my long arm setup Im working on.

I had stock brakelines on about 5" of lift. If you simply take out the star nut holding the brakeline, straighten out the hardline and move the bolt down (drill and tap) you should have a decent amount of brake line. If not YJ lines are about $50 a pair and I believe they are 3" longer (don't quote me on that, never measured mine for sure):anon:

I have 4.5" of lift and stock control arms. They are fine and I do have enought castor and such. They do limit flex some (that can be modified to correct) but a better reason to go to after market control arms is their lack of strength and softer ride on road.

My consensus is that they will work and are safe, but plan on getting new control arms eventually (depending on how you use the truck and how many miles on and off road you do).

I have stock parking break lines and they work great. I have ss longer break lines all the way around.

Michael

Cool, thanks guys for the input. I think Ill keep the stocl control arms for now and see what happens with the handling quality before getting new CA's. As far as the brake lines go. i dunno if i want to spend the money for new ones or just move the old ones. I dont feel like drilling more holes, but I dont wanna spend more money either.:D

Mike

Well atleast cough up $20 for the rear line. Not to many ways to move anything back there and thats the only one Im really worried about. ;)

Hey, go get me that line cause im outta town again...LOL
Kyle, did you find anyone to help you put your lift on?
Think mine is going in as soon as I get back.

Mike

The best rear line is from a 96 Dakota,its 6" longer and and is a direct swap.

Cool, Thanks for the tip RCH. Im guessing I just go to the parts store and get one from there.

Mike

mudracer, wohnen Sie in Deutschland, oder sind Sie im Militär?

Mike

ja ich wohne in deutschland, leider. würde lieber in den staaten wohnen.wir können aber auch du sagen.
woher kannst du deutsch?

attila

meine Familie kommt aus Deutschland. ich erlernte etwas des Deutschen von meiner Mutter und von Vater. ich habe noch Familie, die die Leben nahe München in einer Stadt feldkirchen-westerham anriefen.

Mike

wenn du mal nach deutschland kommst, sag bescheid, vielleicht können wir uns ja treffen und bißchen jeepen.ich komme aus der nähe von frankfurt.

grüße attila

Der würde sehr Spaß sein. Ich möchte einen Jeep in einem anderen Land mit unterschiedlichem Gelände fahren.

Mike

Back