• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95 Front axle problem...hub maybe?

rockwerks

NAXJA Forum User
Three of us changed out two front d30 axle assemblies last night in Phoenix mine a 95 has a bent knuckle and the other was a 96 which had rolled....it only took us around 3 hours to finish...on the way back home to flagstaff I noticed that when I turn left even slightly I get a grinding noise and little vibration.....very subtle..... but it completely goes away when going straight or turning right.....I could not find any overt problems.....any clue?

No dont think so...it was not bent so bad it would not drive...just needed a 3* ball joint to fix on teh axle we took out...touought it would be better to replace than deal with that the rest of the time with teh 95

Could be bearing. When the second one went bad on my XJ I thought at first I was hearing tire rumble -- until I recalled that I had recently driven 400 miles on those tires w/o hearing any tire noise. I guess I would say what I was hearing as "subtle," as you phrased it.

Back