• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Control arm length

ncwheeler

NAXJA Forum User
I know this is a dumb question but, for those of you in the 4.5-6" lift range how long are your control arms? Im sitting at 3" right now and about to go on up to about 5-6". I have fixed LCA's and was wondering if the length would be fine for another 2 inches or if it would be better to go longer. And I already konw that im going to need other stuff like SYE, Drive shaft, brakelines, etc...

How long are your fixed arms?

Stock is 15.75"
3" should be at 16"
5 should be 16.5"
6 should be 16.85"

You can live just fine with the CAs you have, but your wheels won't be in the center of the wheel well, and the ride will be crappy.

Fergie

Fergie said:
How long are your fixed arms?

Stock is 15.75"
3" should be at 16"
5 should be 16.5"
6 should be 16.85"

You can live just fine with the CAs you have, but your wheels won't be in the center of the wheel well, and the ride will be crappy.

Fergie

I don't see 1/2" of extra LCA length improving the ride at all.

Lawn Cher' said:
I don't see 1/2" of extra LCA length improving the ride at all.

Right, you're going to have to get some drop brackets on your Jeep, go with Long Arms, or just live witht he crappy ride. At 4-6" your control arms will be pitched at a decent angle and the more you get them angled from near flat the worse your ride is going to be. I have the RE drop brackets with 7-8" and like the ride and how it handles off road. I have adj RE CAs as well so that helps.

Troy

just make sure your front pinion angle doesnt droop down low enough to cause vibes or snap your u-joints when you front is flexed.

Back